Students can get an early start to become a pharmacist by getting good scores on the SAT and maintaining a high GPA. Courses to focus on are biology and chemistry. Several colleges will give students credit if they pass the AP exams.
Also, students should get a job at a retail pharmacy as a pharmacy technician or a cashier working in the pharmacy area. While many people enjoy pharmacy, it is important for you to experience firsthand if pharmacy is the right career for you.
- Complete high school with a 3.5 or higher GPA
- Get a 4 or higher score on the AP biology exam
- Get a 4 or higher score on the AP chemistry exam
- Get a 2100 or higher on the SAT
- Get a job at a pharmacy
- Complete college applications
Time for Completion: 4 years