There are 2 paths to pharmacy school. One involves 2 years of undergraduate coursework before transferring to a 4 year pharmacy school and the other involves completing a 4 year Bachelor degree and then going to a 4 year pharmacy school. It is important to maintain a good GPA and to excel in the science courses. The introductory chemistry courses will be an important foundation for future classes in pharmacy school.
At this time, students should meet with pharmacy students so they can get an idea of what to expect in pharmacy school. Also, students should try to get a job at a pharmacy and gain experience.
- Complete undergraduate education with a 3.5 or higher GPA
- Network with current pharmacy students to get an idea of what to expect
- Get a 430 or higher score on PCAT (if necessary)
- Complete pharmacy school application (if necessary)
- Prepare for pharmacy school admission interview
- Get a job at a pharmacy
Time for Completion: 4-6 years