Pharmacist in Alabama
A license is necessary to practice pharmacy in the state of Alabama.
- Must pass the NAPLEX
- Must pass the MPJE
- 1500 internship hours
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy
- Good moral character
- No criminal record
- Interview with Board of Pharmacy members
Application also requires:
- $300 fee
- 2 passport size photos
- Copy of birth certificate
Foreign graduates and non-US citizen have additional requirements:
- Documentation from federal government that you are legally present in US
- Must pass FPGEE
- Must pass TOEFL
Alabama also allows licensure by reciprocity.
To maintain a pharmacist license in Alabama, pharmacists need 15 CE (continuing education) credits each year. Three of the credits need to be with a live presentation.
For more information, visit the Alabama Board of Pharmacy.