Pharmacist in Arkansas
A license is necessary to practice pharmacy in the state of Arkansas.
- Must pass the NAPLEX
- Must pass the Arkansas Jurisprudence Exam
- 1500 internship hours
- Degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy
- No criminal record
Application also requires:
- A passport style photo
- A copy of driver’s license
- A copy of birth certificate
- $25 fee for license by examination
- $37.75 fee for background check
Foreign graduates and non-US citizen have additional requirements:
- Must pass FPGEE
- Must pass TOEFL
Arkansas also allows licensure by reciprocity, except from California. $312.75 fee if the license is received in an even numbered year, $237.75 if odd numbered year.
To maintain a pharmacist license in Arkansas, pharmacists need 30 CE (continuing education) credits every 2 years. Twelve of the credits need to be live.
For more information, visit the Arkansas Board of Pharmacy.