Pharmacist in Alaska
A license is necessary to practice pharmacy in the state of Alaska.
- Must pass the NAPLEX
- Must pass the MPJE
- 1500 internship hours (only 1000 hours can come from school externships)
- Degree from an accredited College of Pharmacy
- 2 affidavits from reputable citizens to attest good moral character
- No criminal record
- Medical history disclosure
Application also requires:
- $60 application fee
- $240 license fee
Foreign graduates and non-US citizen have additional requirements:
- Must pass FPGEE
- Must pass TOEFL
- Copy of original pharmacy school diploma
Alaska also allows licensure by reciprocity.
To maintain a pharmacist license in Alaska, pharmacists need 30 CE (continuing education) credits every 2 years.
For more information, visit the Alaska Board of Pharmacy.